Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Official!

So Ben has been "Officially out of work" now for a month- although he hasn't actually worked since November 2nd- yeah try explaining all that to unemployment. This is a real trial of my faith. We have decided that he needs to go back to school. He is really not happy doing what he is doing... need to find a happier existance! For the meantime, I am workign everyday and missing my kids... It has made me realize that I have been blessed to be at home with them more than many people, including Ben.

For now I am just praying that the kids get accepted into CHIP or Medicad so at least they are covered through this down time. That application has been in for 2 months now- MAN THEY ARE SLOW! I just want to know my family will be alright and for now... I can only pray and hope and do as much leg work as possible to get a job... I really to micromanage our family, I have learned that through all of this and I am learning to let go (not much but starting)...

I have lost 5 lbs so far this month- which was my goal for the month- so as long as I don't gain- heaven fobid- in the next 11 days... I will have actually accomplished a goal I set for myself. I ALWAYS seem to start things and NEVER finish... I don't want to be that person... so I am trying to change it... hopefully I have begun!

1 comment:

Molly said...

yay! i miss mel! come to san antonio. Oh, and the kids are so cute. I love it.