Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Building Forts!

I don't have a ton of happy memories from my childhood... not that I didn't experience any just he bad stuff sticks in my memory and I have forgotten alot of the positive things.....

BUT.... I just remembered that my brothers and I used to build forts together in the front room with blankets and couch cushions.... I love those memories... thinking of that makes me think of the game lava where if you step on the floor you fall in to the lava so you use anything handy to get around the house with out stepping on the floor....

I want to start having "premeditated fun" with my babies... if you have good memories from your childhood... leave a comment!

2 comments:

Camille Farias said...

Man. We had all sorts of crazy fun. We would make treasure maps and go on treasure hunts, build forts, play hide and seek, play a game called sardines which is like reverse hide and seek, ride bikes, go fishing in the bayou, build boats out of scrap wood and race them, build cars out of scrap wood and race them, slide down the stairs on sleds made out of cardboard boxes, movie marathons, dress up, slingshots, potato guns, picnics, parks, arts and crafts projects... poor kids rock because we learn how to turn everyday scraps and other cast away items into toys and games.
With Andrei, I try to focus on cool old-timey games that no one plays anymore like four square, hopscotch, red rover, marbles, jump ropes, and always with the bikes. He has a huge duffel bag full of costumes and he has a great time just dressing up and running around pretending to be super heroes, Indiana Jones, Aladdin and Genie, etc. Most of them I made myself or fashioned out of old clothes and dollar store items.
He loves to cook, too.

The Figgins said...

We'd play hide and go seek (and as we got older hide and go seek in the dark) constantly. I loved it and come to think of it Karin and Jeremy used to play that with Dave all the time . . . .